The groups in this Department work within the line of research known as “Agrifood Biotechnology and Processes”. Research in the Department focuses on the study of biochemical, microbiological and technological aspects related to the processing and quality of plant products, as well as the treatment and reuse of their liquid and solid waste products, combining basic and applied research.
- Chemistry and Technology of Table Olives
- Reuse of by-products and treatment of wastes and wastewaters
- Lactic acid bacteria-yeasts interaction in foods
- Biotechnology of Table Olives: lactic acid bacteria and yeast
- Technology of vegetable products and pickled vegetables